If you have been arrested or indicted on a drug charge, your best bet to minimize the damage and protect your rights is to hire a criminal defense lawyer as soon as possible. Acting fast will provide the best opportunity to protect your rights and build the strongest possible defense. Attorney Greene has experience dismissing and reducing drug charges.
Drug Crimes Include:
· Drug Possession
· Drug Sales
· Drug Trafficking
· Drug Manufacturing & Distribution
· Transporting Illegal Drugs via Couriers, i.e. the U.S. Postal Service
· Drug Importation
· Trafficking in Illegal Prescription Drugs/Steroids
· Conspiracy Charges
Land, bank accounts, houses, automobiles, and other assets are almost always seized by the government in federal drug cases. To get them back, you have the burden of proving that these assets were not acquired as the result of the alleged drug-related activities. This can be done by going to trial and obtaining an acquittal or through exhaustive financial analysis.
Federal Drug Charges
Many drug arrests in the Georgia lead to prosecution in United States District Court. You could be facing federal drug charges because of the seriousness of the offense, where it occurred, your prior criminal record or other factors. Federal sentencing guidelines may make substantial prison time a certainty if you are convicted. You need a lawyer with in-depth knowledge of the specific rules and procedures unique to federal court.
Attorney Michael Greene has the experience to handle federal cases
Attorney Greene has extensive experience defending clients charged with federal drug offenses, including drug trafficking charges. He is a principled, aggressive and resourceful advocate, proven equal to the challenges posed by highly skilled federal prosecutors and complex rules of procedure. His knowledge and capabilities cover the spectrum of:
· Drug charges ranging from simple marijuana possession to possession with intent, cultivation, manufacture and trafficking in large quantities of cocaine, methamphetamine and other controlled substances.
Attorney Michael Greene will create a strong defense:
· Thorough investigation of all aspects of your case, including analysis of key issues that could enable a difference-making motion or success at trial
· Active communication to ensure you understand all potential consequences of a drug conviction and remain in control of key decisions about your case
· Consideration of all paths to resolution and legal options, such as adjudication in drug court if you are a nonviolent first-time offender
Many drug arrests in the Georgia lead to prosecution in United States District Court